Director of Voluntary Benefits
The Director, Voluntary Benefits serves as a subject matter expert and practice leader for all voluntary benefits product initiatives, sales and account management support for voluntary products, and thought leadership. This leader coach leads and supports the work of our Voluntary Benefits teammates in partnership with leaders across our distribution, client services, and other practice areas.
This regular, full-time position may allow a remote work arrangement for the right candidate or could be based out of any of our hubs including Chicago, Orlando, or Boston.
- Act as a subject matter expert and practice leader responsible for educating, advising, and aiding internal sales and account managers, as well as clients on all voluntary benefits products and programs
- Leads Voluntary Benefits team, act as a subject matter specialist on enrollment platforms and best approaches for enrolling VB products
- Partner with Managing Directors, Regional Client Services Directors, and Account Executives to lead voluntary benefits plan design development for clients with a specific focus on creating plans with the best possible value to the employee by eliminating benefit duplication across all available benefits and identifying synergies between client and carriers
- Manages, mentors and coaches our voluntary benefits consultant team, guiding the development and learning processes to enhance our client-based capabilities
- Lead the request for proposal process for all new and renewal voluntary benefits business
- Develop and manage productive relationships with voluntary benefits representatives while acting as the liaison between reps and internal resources
- Regularly meet with Voluntary product vendors to fully understand market offerings
- Stay abreast of, document, and communicate internally all information regarding the voluntary benefits market to ensure internal resources have the latest and best information on all new developments in the market, including new product offerings or changes
- Understand enrollment platforms
- Build internal and external training modules to ensure internal and external clients have a strong voluntary benefits knowledge base
- Build internal processes, roadmaps, and strategies for new and existing voluntary benefits
- Responsible for the management of sales and prospecting (of both new and existing clients) efforts through the development of documents and sales deck and client-facing prospecting and development meetings
- Support client implementation needs, including interface with carriers, enrollment vendors, communication partners
- Help clients build their communication and enrollment strategy
- Other duties as assigned
Candidate Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in a similar role at a comparable level in group insurance with the carrier or on consulting side
- Deep expertise in voluntary benefits products; Strong understanding of voluntary benefit enrollment strategies
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with significant strength and experience in managing complex, concurrent project management duties
- Demonstrates good listening ability with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills needed to build relationships and strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong project management, analytical and consulting skills
- Viewed as an expert in the field with the ability to establish credibility at all levels of the organization and with clients through confident communications, presentations, and actions based on integrity.
- Strong work ethic, self-directed with positive drive and approach, including the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a dynamic team in a virtual working environment
- Ability to work from home/in a non-office environment
- Strong attention to detail with highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and manage strict deadline and turnaround time requirements
- Proven track record of anticipating obstacles, managing and communicating project risks and issues, and determining alternative supportable solutions.
- Strong competency with Microsoft applications; web-based and cloud applications, and other toolsets to support the needs of the organization
- Some travel required – up to approximately 30%
Pacific Resources seeks out and embraces diversity in our talent. Our business thrives on the diversity of talent, experience, character, and inclusion.
Pacific Resources does not discriminate against teammates or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, absence of religious affiliation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, perception of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, gender orientation, marital status, service in our armed forces, veteran status in our armed forces, political activity or political party affiliation. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all our teammates and applicants for employment. Our equal employment opportunity philosophy, in accordance with federal, state, and local law, applies to all aspects of employment with us, including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer/promotion, compensation, benefits, and termination.
At Pacific Resources, we are passionate about our shared experiences and seek applicants who demonstrate a passion for the work, who value differences, work collaboratively and drive results.